Lhasa Everest Base Camp Mountain Biking
Kathmandu Lhasa Mountain Biking Itinerary
Arrival in Lhasa (3650 m/11972ft)
The adventure begins in Lhasa. There are two ways to arrive—via Nepal and via mainland China. The flight from Nepal to Lhasa is considered one of the most beautiful air routes in the world, as it provides sweeping views of Everest (8848m), Kanchenjunga (8536m) and other Himalayan peaks. If traveling via mainland China, there are a wide variety of flights in addition to the world’s highest train route to reach Lhasa. Upon arrival, you will be received by our Tibetan guide at the airport/train station. After approximately 1.5 hours of driving, you will reach Lhasa. It's advisable to rest and take it easy for the remainder of the day due to Lhasa's altitude. Overnight in Lhasa
Day 02 :
ightseeing in Lhasa City (3650 m/11972ft)
The journey begins with a visit to Sera Monastery, accompanied by an experienced tour guide (who is also a translator). Sera is an exceptional space; its white-washed walls and golden roofs speak of Tibetan Buddhism’s ancient wisdom and tranquility. Equally breathtaking are the gardens and sacred spaces of the Norbulingka, the Dalai Lama’s summer residence. We will also visit the Jokhang Temple followed by Barkhor Markets – a bustling road lined with vendors where you can sample the smells and sounds of Tibet, or browse through the Thankas, masks, prayer beads and countless other treasures inherent to Tibetan custom and tradition. Overnight in Lhasa.
Day 03 : Bike to the Base of Khampa La (4794m, 80 km, 6-7 hrs)
Bike across Khampa La (4794m) to Nagartse (4475m, 72km, 6-7 hrs)
Day 05 Nagartse (4475m) to Simi La (4330m, 67km, 5-6 hrs)
Day 06: Bike across Simi La to Gyantse (3950 m, 35 km, 3-4 hrs)
Day 07: Tour Gyantse & Bike to Shigatse (3900m, 90km 4-5 hrs)
Day 08-: Tour & rest day in Shigatse
Day 09 : Bike to the foot of Tso La (4290m, 106 km, 8-9 hrs)
Day 10 : Bike across Tso La (4500m) to the foot of Gyamtso La (4630m, 70 km, 5-6 hrs)
Bike across Gyamtso La (5220m) to Shegar (4050m, 65 km, 7-8 hrs)
Day 12 Bike across Pang La (5150m,) to Choesang (4455m, 60 km, 6-7 hrs)
Day 13 Bike to Rongbuk (5000m, 24 km 3-4 hrs)
Day 14 : Bike or hike to Everest North Base camp (5200m, 8 km)
Bike or drive across Pang La (5150m) to Tingri or Hot Springs (4350m, 75 km, 6-7 hrs)
Day 16 Bike to the base of La Lung La (4555m, 55 km, 4-5 hrs)
Day 17 Day Bike or drive across Lalung La (5124m) & Sung La (5200m) to Nyalam (3750m, 87km, 7-8 hrs by bike.
Bike to the last Resort in Nepal (900m, 60 km 3-4 hrs)
Day 19 Bike or drive to Dhulikhel (1450m, 75 km, 5-6 hrs by bike), drive to Kathmandu (30 km, 1 hr)
Note: You can start this trip entering from Kathmandu, in Nepal side, as well as from Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Canton (Guangzhou), Chongqing, Kuming, Xian, Xining - all these cities for your convenience in China. we are always flexible with Price and Itinerary as your Budget and convince, fee free to contact for get fact Price and Departure dates
Tibet Travel Highlights
- The most challenging biking tour in the world.
- Adventurous bike ride to Mount Everest north base camp
- 3 days (4 nights) in Lhasa, staying near the city's main attractions - the Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple & 1 free day for self exploration in Lhasa.
- 1100+ km biking across the ‘roof of the world’ over six 5000+ meter high mountain pass
- The spine-tingling downhill ride from 5150 meter high mountain pass
- Inspiring landscapes, superb mountain views, rich Buddhist history & culture & Tibetan Nomads.
- Complete hassle free Chinese (Tibet) travel documentation.
- local expert guide, delicious meals, 4WD vehicle support.
- Spectacular flight to Lhasa passing right over Mount Everest and many of the highest peaks in the world (if you join the trip in Kathmandu) Tibetan, Chinese and Nepali cultures and religions
- Dramatic scenery of the Himalayas
- Everest Base Camp
- People... Nepali, Chinese, Tibetan
- Challenges of mountain biking and living at high altitudes